AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight and split planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

agger802
Posted 2/28/2008 22:33 (#322170 - in reply to #322064)
Subject: Re: Insight and split planter

NE MO & W IL
Hey Dave,

What you spoke of (keeping your advantage) is exactly what I suggested to them today. After saying 'I might as well keep my advantage, it would be cheaper than buying another rawson', the tech said yeah, I see your point, you would just have a lot of cab clutter. You are correct, the Advantage would control the rawson directly and vary the rate, while the Insight could then just be run in Site V. mode and record split planter and control the 1/2 disconnect. If I were you and had the rawson already setup, that is what I would do, buy the Insight and keep the Advantage. I think you would have to have 2 GPS receivers, that is a good question. When they get this glitch figured out with the Insight you could then sell your advantage. You'd still have to upgrade your combine kit for the Insight, but at least you wouldn't have to buy another rawson for 3 grand.

Double check with the Ag Leader guys, but I think that would work. Let me know what you find out.

I've been at a farmworks training class for the last two days and yes, they say the split planter data "should" come into farmsite/trac, but haven't had enough data to test it out properly. Really, what is important, is when the yield data comes in, will it keep track of each varitey correctly?. We'll see!

Good luck, Brad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)