AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight and split planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ccfarmer
Posted 2/28/2008 21:15 (#322064 - in reply to #321881)
Subject: Re: Insight and split planter

Creighton, NE
Brad,

Thank you for doing the leg work with Ag Leader on this dilemma, I know how frustrating it can be to find the right person to talk to with tech support. This is kinda what my dealer has been telling me (that it couldn't be done) but I was hoping that somebody would say " yes, it will work". I will not be putting another drive on to make this work and hopefully they will have this for 2009. I will just do vrt & not split planter for now. Farmworks is working on supporting the split planter feature with the Insight also but who knows how long that is going to take. Ag Leader has also said they will support Dickey-john seed tube sensors for 2009, so maby I'll be able to get rid of the JD 350 monitor with this upgrade.

With that said, I had been advised by my local dealer not to sell my Advantage and cabling until we were for sure that this Insight setup was going to work ok. I'm wondering if I could use the Advantage for variable rate and the Insight for turning on & off the 1/2 disconnect clutches (seed command) and also for the split planter data. This would be a mess of cables and monitors in the cab but it could be an option and would be cheaper than buying another rawson (since I already have the equipment). Tedbear could probably verify whether this would work or not but it sounds good in theory. Problems that come to mind are 1 gps talking to two different monitors, output rates having to be different for the monitors, and many other things I'm not aware of.

I'll let you know how I come out.

Thanks, Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)