AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prime rib questions ....again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 1/12/2014 08:41 (#3596980 - in reply to #3596577)
Subject: RE: Prime rib questions ....again

central - east central Minnesota -

Biff - 1/11/2014 23:29 I'm having the kids over for supper tomorrow. I have a ten pound prime rib to cook. I've never done the method that calls for 5 min per pound in a 550 deg oven - then turn off the heat and leave it 2 hours. Will it work for that large a roast? I'm thinking it might be too long and the top will start to burn. Or the fat will burn off just as fast as it drips down. I do have a big electric roaster that works pretty good. Should I just play it safe? A lot of recipes call for rosemary leaves on top. Never done that either. Does it make a nice flavour? I think I will mix up some Yorkshire pudding from a mix, fake potatoes and frozen peas.

Why fake potatoes ? In our stores, you can get frozen mashed potatoes - quick, easy heat and serve and no work/peeling/mashing for your time constraints . . . . . .

Otherwise, peel and cook up 'tators the day before, mash and freeze. Generally, when the wife buys 'tators,  we peel and cook the whole bag - portion them out and freeze them. It's very, very handy for quick suppers.

Good luck with your meal !

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)