AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

American Crystal trades at $1,350
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bogie5263
Posted 11/12/2013 23:21 (#3441073 - in reply to #3438202)
Subject: Re: American Crystal trades at $1,350

east grand forks, mn
Thor-
Yes, the sugar industry has been on the chopping block many times over the years. Yes, it is always slim margins on making a capital investment in farming. Yes this is going to hurt the retired stockholder some. For how the stock rents trade up and down I don't know why anyone would base there whole retirement on it. Not long ago rental rates where $100-150. The point I am trying to make is under the current provisions of the 5 year contract it is not treating all shareholders equally. It has put a limit on what the stock can and will trade for. Do you feel that the company should continue to have its ownership moving into the retiree category? This company was bought by the growers to be operated and controlled by the growers. Let the growers control the company's destiny, not the retired shareholder. I think we are saying the same thing just in different forms. It is going to be a interesting winter/spring that is for sure. I know in 2008 when wheat went to $20 there was a few panic sales, another sugar cane factory could blow-up and turn things around, but one should not waste a good opportunity to get the shares back to where they belong and not penalize the growers on top of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)