AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

American Crystal trades at $1,350
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

thor
Posted 11/12/2013 19:35 (#3440448 - in reply to #3440391)
Subject: Re: American Crystal trades at $1,350

northern MN

There are some of us on this board that are sugar growers, as for Nick, i may not agree with him all the time but he has a good handle on what is going on in our neck of the woods. As for growing sugarbeets, if I were involved in a JV to raise beets (which I am) I would abide by the terms of the contract. NOW, I do have one that expired this year and yes until the owner finds a new JV I am obligated to raise them, I can raise them for no return to the original owner if i choose but I would raise them. Sugarbeets are a high risk and should be high reward crop. In the past some have been satisfied with returns in the 5% range on good years, that is not nearly enough. This is an area that Nick and i have had some disagreement, not only is the beet crop affected but to raise beets responcibly there are crops (wheat) that should be raised for no profit to responcibly raise beets. The crop that follows sugarbeets suffers as well, this year there was a 10 bu differance between beans raise on corn vs beet ground.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)