AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

American Crystal trades at $1,350
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bogie5263
Posted 11/12/2013 21:25 (#3440815 - in reply to #3440472)
Subject: Re: American Crystal trades at $1,350

east grand forks, mn
Thor-

Agree with what you say except, if you were a retired share holder why would you sell?? Big deal if you have no return for a couple of years. they will be thinking hopefully the market rebounds and then they can have their return again and we are right back where we are with the company being 50/50 ownership retired guy and grower. I too will follow my JV obligations. The company (I think inadvertently) is putting the risk on the growers not all shareholders which is what a coop is suppose to do. In a coop everybody shares the risk. Let me ask you this, when you bought your stock did it look like you were going to have a lost on them for the next 2-3 years growing them. JV's need to be negative to bring the stock price below $1000 to allow the younger guys to buy. The market needs to adjust for that fact in order for those younger guys to take a hit right off the bat. The retired sharholders may be able to hang onto their shares but the grower suffers and then you don't have as many growers. Guess what then game over for ACS anyways.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)