AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salary position for a farm hand?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 4/19/2013 21:00 (#3048758 - in reply to #3048489)
Subject: RE: Salary position for a farm hand?

Western Iowa
Wildbuckwheat....

I frankly don't see why crop farmers want to pay salary...... work an hour get paid an hour. How can it be more fair?

Some guys will be great to work for on salary, some complete jerks. Same can be said for employees.

I have had several off farm jobs until I got on my feet enough to not need too. I have been both hourly and salary and both worked fine. The salary position was in an engineering enviroment and hours were pretty predicatable. Usually hours for evening meetings or saturday morning production support were able to be 'washed out' the next week by taking an afternoon off or something if conditions allowed. Not like farming at all..........

Salary in business is supposed to be based on a 45hr week. I, like you would be nervous as well just because..... you are in control of your terms of employment. If they tell you your salary should equal out to x amount per hour, then ask them for that per hour....... if you can't get it and they don't have a good answer for why, you have your answer.

Don't do anything you are not comfortable with!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)