AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What's with all the seats still covered in plastic??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 4/11/2013 16:47 (#3028390 - in reply to #3028212)
Subject: Re: What's with all the seats still covered in plastic??

This is off the drivers side of my Pete ( forgive dirt, I'm in process of painting my roof, and the interior is gutted ) anyhow, This one does not have the elastic on it yet, but I use Quilters pins, the kind that look like " T's " and use them to hold the lower part down over the front of the seat, where your calves are, and I use a piece of 1" PVC pipe tucked between the back and butt part of seat so it holds the back taught. The dishpan shows how it slips over the top of the seat ( head/neck area ) .
I would say these "pouches" were made about 12" deep, sewn on both sides, So, slip the top on, pull taught, push the pipe through, then pin the front. Lots of times I dont even use the pins, they seem to stay in place fairly well, but the elastic band works better. That was sewn on others on the under side in a big enough loop to go over the butt part of seat....we're still experimenting yet too for a more custom fit...these were made in a hurry, one evening when I was hauling a lot of lime. Ma takes pretty good care of me !!!

(0411131728.jpg)

(0411131729.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 0411131728.jpg (22KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments 0411131729.jpg (31KB - 63 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)