AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MojoRTK & EZ-Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dirtpan
Posted 11/24/2007 17:09 (#244664 - in reply to #244229)
Subject: Re: MojoRTK & EZ-Steer

Starkville, Mississippi
Folks, all the Mojo is doing is outputing a standard NMEA string which the EZ-Steer excepts. It would b ethe same as Agleader/Trimble changing the Insight/FMD display from excepting a signal from a Garmin 18. It would be stupid to change hardware from excepting an industry standard signal. Sounds like something a big iron company that shall go unnamed would do :). As far as where was Leica 10 yrs. ago when Trimble was developing blah blah blah, where was anybody else (Outback, Beeline, etc)?! Leica is just as respected as Trimble when it comes to positional equipment (yes, there are other industries besides ag that use this stuff). Survey and construction have been using RTK long before us, and Trimble isn't the only one suppying them. If the user wants a pretty color display, there's several out there that will suffice that will handle everything a farmer wants to do. I'd take an Insight over the FMD anyway. At least then I would have yield monitoring capability. All these folks beating up on the new kid is starting to get pretty childish. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were a little insecure about their own product offerings. It's about time some decent competition showed up as far as I'm concerned. Maybe now the rest of you might start listening to user feedback a little more carefully :) !

Edited by dirtpan 11/24/2007 17:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)