AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One more AgLeader 2000 question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 6/18/2006 23:09 (#20449 - in reply to #20029)
Subject: Re: One more AgLeader 2000 question

Leesburg, Ohio
Yes, a grain cart scales is the best answer, but not to Diet's question. I guess I don't understand how using actual weights, but from a semi load instead of a bin load, would decrease overall accuracy. I see that reality is not important to some here...OK, but it is important to me. I do understand that the larger cal load may cause some "curve fitting" concerns. However, I would think that the "relative" values between different spots in the field would still be as discernable. As along as relationships between different yield zones can be determined, what's the problem with going for some reasonable level of real accuracy. (I'd rather have reasonable overall accuracy than worry about whether each zone is 2 bu. different or 3 bu. different.) And I refuse to believe that (theoretically speaking) putting in actual weights for all loads would be less accurate (in reality) than putting in only, say three to six actual weights. Think about that...Reality is less accurate than reality??? And guessing is more accurate than weighing??? Come on...then why even bother with all this tech stuff? Maybe we can agree that each of us might have different purposes for using this stuff, and different ways to accomplish our purposes.
Sorry Diet...I think this has gone beyond your original question.
my .02
Ken

Edited by KDD 6/18/2006 23:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)