AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

One more AgLeader 2000 question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 6/16/2006 00:41 (#19800 - in reply to #19664)
Subject: RE: One more AgLeader 2000 question

Brazilton KS

Diet, the correct calibration proceedure is to cut a number of batches at differing mass flow rates and save each load seperately.    Once true weights are obtained for the loads and entered, the computer will regress the calibration curve.  It's actually a very good system if you will just go ahead and do it right.  Unfortunately it is not very well adapted to your (and frequently my) desire to slop something in.   You really need a weigh wagon or a grain cart with a scale, which will make it quite easy.   Smallish loads are preferred soas to reduce the noise from running the machine empty during the cutting of the load.  A representative sample of loads, one each at various flow rates, is recommended over the "cut all season, save all the loads, put all weights in and calibrate" recommendation that can sort of be construed from one reply here...I have done that and it really doesn't produce a very good result, nowhere near as good as the recommended proceedure.   The only slop method I have come up with (which actually can produce a pretty nice calibration if done carefully) is to cut your calibration loads on as level ground as possible in good yielding crops, using ground speed to vary the flow rate for the various loads.  Cut each load exactly till the grain tank alarm sounds, then assign it whatever number of bushels you believe the tank to hold at the alarm....the number isn't that important, but it is critical to do the best you can to make each load sound the alarm at the same level and then assume them to be equal.  There is error involved in doing this, but it is capable of producing representative (if not accurate) maps which can be used for the purposes you probably intend to use the data for. 

If you save your yield files to your computer, you can reload them to the card later and put the card in the monitor after calibration loads have been run and the monitor calibrated and the data on the card will be adjusted to match the calibration.  I'm not sure of the exact proceedure but I have done it and know it can be done.  This can also be done by manually getting into the data files and changing initialization data, I believe.  My point is that it is possible to run the entire season saving trashy data and go back afterwards and process it....don't throw anything away.   

I have the manuals if you do not, and I can look the initial values up for you if you need me too.  I believe the manuals are also availible online, or at least they used to be.   I can tell you that the initial values are approximately worthless....I would favor calibration by the bin alarm method at least 10:1 over using initial values.    

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)