AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any employee stories about profiting the farm more than the paid wages?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 10/12/2012 23:39 (#2637331 - in reply to #2636391)
Subject: RE: Any employee stories about profiting the farm more than the paid wages?

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Isn't that the point of hiring help? Maybe it is just me, but I always thought that you hired help so the operation could be more profitable, enough so to cover wages plus some. Same as buying a bigger tractor or planting better seed, etc. People are an asset as well.

I don't hire a lot of help, but when I do I'm happy to have them. Seems I get hired to do lots of jobs for people that are happy to have me come and help out, and those are the people I enjoy working for.

As far as hiring people who can do better than me, absolutely. Speaking of which, I've got some fab work that needs done... you interested in coming to beautiful Modoc County, CA??? ;) I also get to go do a few things for other guys, who will readily admit they can't do something that I can do. They come help me when I need help with any of the many, many things I'm not good at.

The only thing I really can't stand are lazy people. There is a job for every person, of any skill. Only thing that keeps many people from working is just pure laziness. More than once I've had people be shocked that I work (little bit of a physical limitation), heck, there are people out there lots worse off that still do something. Lots of able bodied people sitting around collecting unemployment or welfare too, just because they are to lazy to do something they might feel is beneath them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)