AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seeding triticale pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 9/22/2012 08:02 (#2603347 - in reply to #2602839)
Subject: RE: seeding triticale pictures

Farmington IL
It was a combination of things that made me work it. This variety had gone down and the custom silage guy left some messes. Obviously there was way more volunteer corn than we have ever seen in the silage ground. Between the manure spreader tracks and the manure it just seemed like it wasnt going to work out the way I wanted it to with out doing something. The pass with the cultivator just leveled it off nice, mixed in the ams, and got rid of the floater tracks. Of course since its along the county blacktop the entire world will see this and it will be disscussed at length in all the local coffee shops so it had darn well better look good.

Moisture isnt a problem. If I could have waited another day it would have been perfect. It was a touch wetter drilling than I would have liked but we needed to get back to picking corn.

Could I have no tilled it and it worked, maybe. Would I have been happy if it didnt turn out perfect, no. Will this turn out perfect, I dont know but I know I did everything I could to give it a chance.

From observing over the years, in our operation at least, it seems the more effort put into any task, whether it be building fence or picking corn, the more enjoyable the results. I know alot of people would laugh if they saw the attention to detail paid to some fairly routine task around here but it seems to work for us.

Oh well, the feedlot and corn fields are waiting for me!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)