AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integrating Greenstar for Cat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 10/18/2007 15:00 (#222166 - in reply to #222129)
Subject: Re: Integrating Greenstar for Cat?

Hillsboro, AL

In all honesty, it has been 3 years since I have had any experience with Beeline.  At that time rumors were that the company had financial problems and they were way behind AutoFarm and Trimble.  That was just before Agco got involved with Beeline.  I am not clear on just exactly what the relationship between Beeline and Agco is right now.  The early Beeline system that integrated directly into the CAT MT console was  a joke.  It did not have any kind of storage system.  You could not store or log any data.  You could create a line and use it, but there was no way to recall that line for future use.  When you created a new line, it replaced the current line.  The only way to get a "real system" at that time as to buy the Areo(sp) display and system from Beeline.  That system was having major development problems (and support problems) at that time.

I think the Beeline system is now being integrated into the Agco GTA system.  Agco is on the right track with this system.  They are adopting 11783 as a hardware standard and FODM as data logging standard.  These are open standards and allow third party integration.  But the work as been very slow.  I really don't know where they stand on the system now and for that reason, I will not recommend it.  I own a Agco combine and have a GTA console in it.  But at this point the combine is not a supported platform for the Beeline steering system.  I look for good things from Agco on this system, but they are still playing catch up to some extent. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)