AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integrating Greenstar for Cat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

JDS
Posted 10/16/2007 14:31 (#220547)
Subject: Integrating Greenstar for Cat?

We have GS2 RTK on an MT755 Cat with the Autotrac universal kit. We like the Greenstar, it's simple and easy to use, but the ATU is worthless for this tractor. We strip till in the fall and plant on the strips in the spring, so we need accuracy within an inch. It works best on flat ground (still hunts back an forth too much though) but if you take it through a ditch or an angled slope it leaves a big squiggle in the rows. Also, when you turn around on the headlands, it doesn't acquire the line worth a damn. You have to drive manually down the row for about 300 ft. before it can be engaged. We've tried everything possible as far as settings and tried different recievers, but there's no way to get it working smoothly. The only real answer we've been able to get from Deere is to buy a John Deere, but that's not the answer we're looking for. Our neighbor has the exact same system (only integrated) on his 8420T, plus he shares our RTK tower and his works perfectly. His machine goes as straight as an arrow no matter what terrain he's going through, and he can acquire the line halfway through his turn. I've heard that it's possible to integrate Greenstar into a Cat, meaning the thing would be hardwired to the steering valves. Deere refuses to do this, since they'd rather try to persuade us to get a green tractor (we will when they come out with a track machine as good as Cat). Does anyone know how to do this? I've heard Cat's steering valves are basically the same as Deere, would I be able to wire it up? I don't have much expertise with this kind of thing, but it would be nice to know if anyone has tried it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
-Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)