AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integrating Greenstar for Cat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GDIAMS
Posted 10/17/2007 15:47 (#221419 - in reply to #221326)
Subject: Re: Integrating Greenstar for Cat?

JDS - 10/18/2007 03:38

GDIAMS- We've had everyone possible out here to look at it, at the local and regional level. We even let the dealership have it for a couple of days and they had some professionals from Deere look at it. It came to the point that Deere admitted that it wouldn't work and they weren't very interested in getting it working. If you have any ideas, you're more than welcome to contact us. Let me know and I'll leave you an email address.

As far as the Trimble/Ag Leader system, the only good thing about it was that it tracked straight down the field. It had trouble acquiring the line at the end of the field, usually taking about 300 feet before it was set. The software wasn't very user friendly; it was much more complicated than Deere's system, and difficult to navigate through. The customer support was poor, and it wasn't available 24/7. For example, I'd be broke down on Saturday, leave a message, and not get a callback 'till monday morning. Also, the thing didn't even come with a manual. The "manual" was in the program and had to be pulled up on the screen, so when you have problems you have to exit out of where you're at, go to the manual, try to remember what the manual said while you go back to where you were. What a pain in the ass.

There has to be a way around this, it's not rocket science. I just need to find someone who knows how to do it.

JDS - Firstly, tell me where the receiver is mounted (is it on the JD bar across the front cab roof bolts?). Secondly detail all of the settings:
Receiver Height:
Receiver Fore/Aft:
Receiver Direction:
ATU SETTINGS-
Tractor Type:
Line Sens Tracking:
Line Sens Heading:
Steering Wheel Speed:
Steer Play:
Aquire Sens:

I will compare these settings with what I know works on this machine and let you know of any suggestions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)