AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integrating Greenstar for Cat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 10/18/2007 14:43 (#222157 - in reply to #222009)
Subject: Well, not quite......

Hillsboro, AL

I believe that Lutherduke states below that the deere system is not CAN.  But even if it is, just being 11783 CAN compliant would not mean that you could just plug and play the  component of the system.   The controlling software is still platform dependent.  11783 is a communications protocol and architecture.  It tells how components on a network identify themselves and the format that they communicate in.  But it does not mean that you could put the deere controller on the network and it would run the system.  The software is still platform dependent.

For example, lets say the deere autosteer system uses an xyz sensor as one of the inputs for steering control.  The CAT system does not use the XYZ sensor and does not have one on the vehicle.  The deere programing will not work without the xyz sensor.  There could be several inputs that the deere controller would look for that CAT does not use.  Theoretically, You could add the deere xyz sensor, but it might be something that is integrated into the vehicle like a transmission sensor.

11783 is a step in the right direction, but it does not mean that you can just plug and play component between different systems.  The first place I see 11783 benefiting is the ability to use a common display on multiple controllers.  I think we are just about there now on that.  My understanding is the the GS2 display is 11783.  I know the Acgo GTA is 11783.  What this means is that you can take multiple controllers that are 11783 and connect them to a common network with one display terminal.   You could have a brand x planter monitor in a brand d tractor.  The planter plugs into the tractor 11783 and the planter monitor screen are just new tabs on the integrated tractor display screen. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)