AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

corn grinding on 9650 sts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hog464
Posted 10/15/2007 21:12 (#220037)
Subject: corn grinding on 9650 sts

Does any body else out thier have any issues with sts combines grinding 25% corn. I am cracking mine worse than with my 8820. I have the accelerator on low, Feeder house drum floats in raised postion, round bar concave, tried rotor speed any where from 250-500. Adjusted concave clearence all over the place but seem to keep the corn off the cobs in the back of the combine when the concave is set at 28-30. Any wider than that I start leaving kernals on the cob. Had the John Deere mechanic check the combine out and went through a whole bunch of different settings with no real gain. Just wondering if this is the way it is, and if a axial flow would do any better. I have heard they do but haven't had the oppertunity to have one run in my fields yet. I am thinking of using my wheat concaves and take every other wire out. Heard JD offers a large wire concave, anybody have any exprience with these. Corn is 160-180 bushel. Last year had dryer corn but wasn't overly impressed with the kind of job it did either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)