AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Something for Everyone to Shoot Holes IN !! Moved From Crop Talk.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 10/10/2007 00:21 (#217074 - in reply to #214309)
Subject: VRT Removal - Late Follow Up

Colby, Kansas
I'm not sure anyone is following this anymore, have been busy traveling from Manhattan to home and picking corn.

Some Thoughts:
Ted, thanks for explaining the surfacing method in EasiSuites. I like the idea of the plateau radius, that handles most of the concerns I had with any type if IDW procedure, and I especially like the idea of weighting area x yield. You have a valid point about an error laden yield point screwing up the cell average, and the impact of cell size, I understand what you are saying and would add that I filter much more "tightly" than if those data were to be used in some other process. A question thought, maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but with the 25' plateau you essentially end up averaging the points within the 50 ft. circular "cell", and then the influence of those points in the 50 - 100' range. I think the same concerns with an error laden point would hold true here as well.

Marv, you mentioned a key part that I left out in my initial post to Roger, and that is the establishment of some baseline P values, and GPS those points for sampling every few years to "balance" your P checkbook.

Lucas
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)