AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crooked Co-op managers............How do you give them an incentive......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 9/28/2007 14:41 (#211241)
Subject: Crooked Co-op managers............How do you give them an incentive......

Kansas
.......to get with the program?

Quick question and then I'm back out the door. Busy time of year planting wheat.

I looked at the local coops website right fast to see prices. Realizing the prices I compared to are in Nebraska and not Kansas but they are right at 30 miles away or less and our coop has milo priced a dime under corn. His basis right now for milo is 25 cents higher than the next elevator 30 miles north in Nebraska.

I just got done writing him an email stating that I thought he had it out for the farmer and his loyalty lied with that stinking ethanol plant in town.

Is there anything I can do that shows he is sticking it to a farmer and get him tossed out on his ass? We have a board full of yes men and pansies as far as I'm concerned but is there any thing I can do on a legal side or someway I can put pressure on him to make him get with the program and get competitive to other local elevators? Even south of me in Kansas and east they are getting better pricing.

Is there some gov't ran group or a board that's above that I can report to or call or anything and raise 10 kinds of hell and get his tit in a twist

Right now I'm so furious as this a-hole I'd like to go up and give him a shiner.

Yes, I'm mad. This is uncalled for. Sitting right next to an ethanol plant, no mileage to deliver to speak of and we are being paid less for our commodity then surrounding areas. He's getting his pockets filled I think from two directions.

Our coop is the only one I can find in the area where milo is priced less than corn currently.

Thanks for the vent and thanks for any suggestions.
Rich

EDIT: link to website. http://www.rangeland.coop/

Now, click on this link... http://www.rangeland.coop/index.aspx?mid=47781&mtype=31&qfguid=efd0...

Then, type in zip code 67661 and then select "5" markets to show and look at the variance of pricing compared to Phillipsburg. Orleans is the only one where corn is only a penny below milo. The rest, unreal compared to rangeland.

Edited by Rich 9/28/2007 14:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)