AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crooked Co-op managers............How do you give them an incentive......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Kelly
Posted 9/30/2007 08:28 (#212004 - in reply to #211241)
Subject: RE: Crooked Co-op managers............How do you give them an incentive......

NC KS
Well Rich, you just have to do like every other American would do that has a semi and that is haul to the better bid. We have the same situation over here. You can't beat our local corn bid but their milo bid is way off. Last time I checked, You could get .30+ going 21 miles or .45+ going 42 miles the other way.

I have found that to keep up with combine, there isn't any way to haul there during the day as the trip and wait in line kills you unless you have several trucks or grain carts or not many bushels to harvest. You can fill everything up at night so you can haul 2+ loads the following morning.

Our soybean bid is competitive, too. I think the strong milo bid is tied in with the ability to load unit trains headed for the gulf, Texas, Mexico, etc. Milo is one of the few crops that is guaranteed not to be genetically engineered and somebody is paying for that.

If you wanted to be a little gutsy, just groom a spot to dump on the ground and pick it up after harvest like the elevators do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)