AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1790 air compressor location questions..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 3/21/2012 20:16 (#2299307)
Subject: 1790 air compressor location questions..

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
Our new to us 1790 planter was delivered about 2 weeks ago and I have slowly been getting it ready to work. Salesman dropped off the milo plates, knockers and a few other things the other day. He also dropped off the air compressor. I asked about a mounting location and he said most guys were running it in the cab floor. I'm not too keen on that idea.

I have seen some for sale on Tractorhouse and Fastline that have the compressor mounted on the tongue or just below the tank at the rear by the step. Is that an ok place to put it? Have seen some on those sites also with a tank mounted behind the other seed tank. Do I need the tank or will the compressor be enough?

Just a little more info, we don't run air row cleaners. Just the downpressure airbags. No up or down pressure either. I can't see myself changing pressure more than a handful of times a day at the most.

One other air compressor question. It has two 3 prong twist power connectors. One male and one female. Didn't see much in the book about wiring it into the tractor/planter. Does it use both connectors? Raining here now and will be tomorrow so it looks like I will have about a week-10 days to get it dialed in before we hopefully get into the field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)