AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Check Off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/10/2012 01:02 (#2278699 - in reply to #2278607)
Subject: Re: Thoughts..........

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Yes they did pay for spouses on the trip, that's what made me mad. I know it's not perfect system, but what else to we have? I've seen quite a few ads, sponsors, radio ads, etc. promoting beef. http://danerunsalot.blogspot.com/ Here is just one of the guys that check off dollars are sponsoring. He is a great advocate of beef. I know Dane is promoting Beef at every race he goes to, plus book tours, etc.

So tell me guys how do you feel about John Deere hooking up with NCBA? Knowing for every drink of green kool-aid a protion of dollars goes to NCBA? If all of your are as mad about NCBA as I feel you are, then you shouldn't drive green tractors. I will be the first to blame them for miss managed monies, but who else is going to do the job?

Also I get tired of dairymen crying about paying checkoff dollars! Hello they market beef, though steers, culls. So by rights they need to pay their share. Yes, I agree if you sold a $10 bull calf, it's not right to have a $1 check off on it. In Idaho the dairymen have a couple of seats at the table for the beef board.

Also you need to remember that the dollar doesn't buy what it used to. Advertising costs more, air time is more. That is a big factor in needing more money to try and do the same job. But that's why we need new blood on beef councils, NCBA, state orgs. That way when you see misappropriation of funds you need to blow the whistle. Any time you have humans, money, etc. combined you will have corruption on some level. It never fails somebody gets their hand in the cookie jar. We just need more of you guys to slap those hands. LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)