AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Check Off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 3/9/2012 17:12 (#2277920 - in reply to #2277832)
Subject: Re: Beef Check Off

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
i cant speak for anyone else, for me it's not the money i would be in favor of more ,if i could designate , through my checkof $ to the causes that i think need money thrown at them, protecting fed grazing, all form of livestock PR issues, water rights, we need to RUN not walk to help any area of the ag industry even if its not directly related to us with either money or vocal support when they are under attack, if we turn a blind eye to any of them they will be picked off one at a time until it will effect all of us. SOAP BOX i know the NCA was dif before the B was added i feel i share common ground with the feeder i cant say i do with the packer, i will say we have a common goal of making my beef desireable to the public, i the form of adds, but i cant agree to the fact that there is not an antagonism at work in this relationship, i have real heartburn with the fact that my own money was fighting me on an issue i felt so strongly about COOL , i was at ground zero here in WA when BSE hit and the plant was only 100 miles away, i have GOOD friends in CANADA in the beef ind and hated to see them suffer but, i felt i had a right to have the US flag on my product, it wasn't from MEXICO, AUSTRALIA, BRAZIL or CANADA. I was killing steers when i got the call from the house on 9/11 and i believe that many people then and now would prefer to know and support beef that had its origin here, i know i may be the minority on here that feel this way but thats ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)