AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef Check Off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ttop
Posted 3/9/2012 19:23 (#2278058 - in reply to #2277900)
Subject: Re: Beef Check Off

scky
Here in Ky. we voted to add a $1.00 to the check-off, this will be for the state beef network and beef board. The HSUS and PETA have an annual income of about 200 million to fight for their objective. (which according to QUOTES FROM HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES MANAGER JOHN ("J.P.") GOODWIN:
My goal is the abolition of all animal agriculture." )
We are selling $2.00lb and grumbling about a $1.00 check-off, I don't see the logic in this. Yes some of the money goes for things that I don't feel is necessary for me, but they may effect a lot of other producers.
I can cut and paste some links that give some prospective too how the $s are being used that make a big difference to cattle people, http://www.beefnutrition.org/CMDocs/BeefNutrition/29WaystoLoveLeanB... this is some of the research the check-off has been used. http://www.explorebeef.org/ This site will have some more information about the check-off so if you are interested in really finding out about what the $1 goes for look at some of the sites.
The NCBA does some things that I don't think will help me, but they should be good for the industry and farmers and ranchers elsewhere. At the national convention this year a priority list was adopted to work on, repeal the Death Tax, reign in the EPA on the Farm Dust Regulation, Equal Acces to Justice Act, (against) it lets radical environmentalist target ranchers grazing public lands, Farm bill (want it smaller), and uniform laws in transportation across states, (weight, length and capacity of trailers)
I truly think we would be better off if we, some how could unite to fight the wolves that are knocking at our door that want to put us out of business.
My thoughts and rant for now.

Edited by ttop 3/9/2012 19:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)