AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I hate weaning lambs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Howdyjabo
Posted 3/8/2012 13:33 (#2275562)
Subject: I hate weaning lambs

NC
I have the ewes on the other side of the place its been three days and theres still an ungodly amount of screaming going on. And those smaller lambs will find the smallest holes to slip thru or under :( I would get them sorted and before I could get the ewes moved away and headed to their new pen, here would come four or five lambs. It was a nightmare, planned on two hours took me five.
Had hoped to get them big enough to sell right off the ewes, but they lambed late this year, gonna miss the Easter market.
I'll be glad when I get them in a permanent home in a confinement barn with proper feed bunks/creep areas and LAMB TIGHT fences. Right now the sheep are running all over the farm, I only have a few pens that will hold the ewes and they can't live in there all the time :).Soon I will have to move the ewes inside a really HOT fence- but it was made for calves, Hope they settle down before that or its a matter of time before they figure out they can take the shock and dive thru and rejoin their lambs. Hopefully this winter I'll get to quit jack-legging the sheep operation.. Theres enough money in them now and I finally have hubby on board with expanding the sheep.

Edited by Howdyjabo 3/8/2012 13:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)