AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saturday mail delivery poll
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/12/2012 12:07 (#2157574 - in reply to #2156304)
Subject: RE: Saturday mail delivery poll

southern MN
Newspaper gets mailed here, so then I would be getting my St, Sun, and Mon morning newspaper at 1:15 Monday afternoon. That probably wouldn't work out well. But you'll tell me newspapers are a dead thing too, so perhaps it's not important.

On holidays, That would mean no mail for half a week.

They announced they would soon no longer provide next day mail, so we already have a day or 2 delay in when statements come.

This time of year, waiting for tax forms, statements, with my mail coming late in the day as it is, it seems it could easily be more than a week for that info to come to me.

Then if I have ti mail out a response, again it could easily be a week before it gets there.

Will those billing me, will the govt add more time to thier time allowance?

Sure, we can do some things electroniclly, but so far many of those things are not well cobvered 'legally' as old fashioned mail is, and if we use email, you understand someone keeps a record for 2 years or more of the content of that email - required by law. Don't know that I want to move all my personal data to email at this time...

I'd think there would be better ways to deal with the mail issue - currently they say they will charge a tad more for much worse service. I'm not sure how that helps the USPS retain business?

I understand there is a budget shortfall and something has to change, and maybe going to 4-5 day delivery is the answer, but don't know thaqt it really answers the need/question/viability.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)