AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What can be done with HEL land?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old#7
Posted 12/4/2011 15:06 (#2084035 - in reply to #2083947)
Subject: Re: What can be done with HEL land?

N.C. IA
OK. I guess I've gotta unload here. I recently purchased an undivided portion of a 1/4 of family ground. The bank suggests to survey out my portion for lien purposes, fair enough, but before this I go to NRCS to see if this division will affect things one way or the other. Now mind you, this parcel has a series of voluntarily seeded waterways that you can drive through amounting to about 4 acres. The SCS runs it through their computer and tells me that 15 acres surrounded on 3 sides by these shallow waterways and 1 side by the road contain more than 30% erodible, ergo, kicking the whole 160 acres into hel. Now here's the kicker, if I had tilled through these draws losing literally hundreds of tons of soil, this "boundary" wouldn't be there and it WOULD NOT be considered hel.

Let's review greasegun, my neighbor across the fence is allowed to molboard plow.....every square inch. I on the other hand, have a plow rusting away in the grove, voluntarily seed the draws down where water collects to run off and am told I would have hel because of these voluntary conservation measures. I also recall saying every county is different. Bad attitude, yeah, thats putting it mildly. Any other observations you want to share? Would you care to make sense of this for me?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)