AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vaccinating your kid?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

d4dave1
Posted 12/5/2011 13:38 (#2085683 - in reply to #2084218)
Subject: Re: Vaccinating your kid?

Edson, Alberta, Canada

Sorry John but I'm not buying that argument. Some of my cows lived well beyond 10 years, my horses, cats and dogs as well.
I DID go and read your link and  paragraph two starts with:
 "Thimerosal has been removed from or reduced to trace amounts in all vaccines routinely recommended for children 6 years of age and younger, with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccine."

Animal/human comparisons ARE pertinent because they are both mammals and most, if not all, medicines are tested upon animals before they are used on humans.
I don't think(?) anyone is claiming vaccines to be 100% risk free but over the long run the benefits far outweigh the costs, monetary or human. Small compensation to someone who has lost a loved one due to complications to be sure but looking at the big picture mankind has definitely benefitted from vaccines.
My two cents.
Regards,
Dave.         

bwire - 12/4/2011 15:17

I don't normally take up this argument but I don't believe comparing animal vacination to human has enough parallel to make it pertinent.

Most vacinated animals are due for harvest in a very short time and the possible side effects may not appear during that short time frame unlike the life span of humans. The dose of Mercury in some vacinations intended for use upon infants is far greater than the infants system can handle.

Do review the FDA studies:   http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/SafetyAvailability/VaccineSafety/UCM096228

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)