AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Breach at Birds Point New Madrid Floodway
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 9/8/2011 23:39 (#1953524 - in reply to #1953455)
Subject: Re: Breach at Birds Point New Madrid Floodway

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
NO NO NO I wasn't trying say that. Why is everyone think everything I say is negative. I was trying to say that the levee was built to protect the people and thats why they put confidence in living in the floodplain. And now they have the exact opposite problem and much more damage than could ever normally occur, because of modern day human error. Much more damage than would have ever occured if there was no human interaction at all.

Kinda like an earthqake causes more problems in the city than in a farm field, but you can't blame the people who live in the city. But people want to blame the people who lived in the floodplain.

The dam is the perfect example. Ive heard a lot people question why so many people built homes and livelyhoods in that floodplain when they knew it could flood if the levee was broken. Well Table Rock Dam could break, or they could Open the Spillway and Wash Branson Away. But we don't question why everyone builds homes/docks/Hotels Below a Dam. To the people of Southeast Mo. That Levee was like a dam. it was indefinate protection from flooding. I know plenty of towns throughout this country built below "man made dams" but we don't question why those people live there like we question the people who live behind a levee.
And JDdriver. How has the lakes local economy helped me? Please explain?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)