AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your soil and tissue testing schedule?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

companyman
Posted 8/30/2011 07:33 (#1937385 - in reply to #1932355)
Subject: Re: What is your soil and tissue testing schedule?

NE Wisconsin
There have been some great posts above that have covered some topics that can really get you thinking. I probably need to communicate with our agronomist better and make sure we are on the same page, as soil-life mentioned. He probably only doing what he thinks we want.

As for the soil testing, I can see the points made about getting a good representative sample, and interpreting that correctly. I guess getting in the frame of mind that the soil is a living entity not simply an inconvienient way to get chemical fertilizer into the crops makes it more of an art than a science. Another question I have is do you always take tissue samples with soil samples? Would one with out the other make for possible misinterpretation? Have you ever been lead down the wrong path with a field based on its samples? I guess what I'm afraid of is since we have been testing every three years, it takes quite a while to see patterns. If taking samples more often would show those same trends, we would be that much better and have a quicker reaction. Thanks for your thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)