AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your soil and tissue testing schedule?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

companyman
Posted 8/27/2011 01:36 (#1932355)
Subject: What is your soil and tissue testing schedule?

NE Wisconsin

We currently work with a local agronomist - who works for the local fert. dealer - for our fertility management and we have been soil sampling every 3 years.  We haven't done any tissue sampling.  I trust our agronomist and his work is not contingent on us buying fert. from the company he works for.

I do, however, feel that his plans are more of a "maintenance" and crop removal fert plan, and cover 4 or 5 main nutrients.  Not that I want to spend a bunch of money just to build up macro and micro nutrient levels with expensive fertilizer, but after reading many posts on here about building organic matter and making healthier soils it seems I could improve our soils with the right testing and application timing. 

I have never taken a soil, tissue, or manure sample myself.  I would have to learn though, having the co-op take them is expensive enough every three years!  I have a testing lab 30 mins from home.  Is it worth it to soil sample every year?  How many tissue sample do you take per field, per year?  Do you try to locate your soil samples near your tissue samples or vice versa? 

I better stop here, I have so many questions I could ramble on for a day or two

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)