AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is your soil and tissue testing schedule?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 8/27/2011 06:34 (#1932394 - in reply to #1932355)
Subject: Re: What is your soil and tissue testing schedule?

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
All good questions companyman

Your yields and success has nothing to do with How much you do. analytical wise. but WHAT you do with that information. on your farm.

It is what one does with the Interpretation of the final and total information. Plus many other issues on Your farm, seed selection, Nitrogen Managment and tillage etc. etc.

the 1st thing I would have to ask. Is the program you are on. allowing you to see 20 to 40 Bu. More Bu. corn than the county average ?
and 10-20 Bu. More S.B. s than the county average. ?

If NOT, then You better Look hard and fast for something Much different. and re evaluate all of your management decisions and Management issues.

Visit with the person doing your fert. recommendations now and ask him to give you the names of His very top Producers close to you that he has guided to Maximum Super Yields.
healthy soil and healthy plants.

If he can not. and he does NOT have YOUR vision. then Look to change.

ITS NOT the , HOW much . sampling. its the . what do you do with the information. ON Your Farm

I have good friends that are crop consultants. they do more extensive analytical work than I do. and their recommendations. are 100 % about face than Mine.

So make sure you visit with Your guys HIGH YIELD long term customers with Healthy soil and Low input cost's

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)