AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I just can't watch anymore
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/2/2011 12:52 (#1704367 - in reply to #1704248)
Subject: Re: I just can't watch anymore

southern MN
While it's their trees and so certainly their business what they do with them, like you I value trees and hate to see them cut needlessly. I couldn't bare to take out a part of the grove to put up a machine shed, so build on a tad of a hill instead. The grove protects the yard so much, and some nice ash, elm, and black walnut in there just hitting their stride, have managed to survive Dutch Elm disease & etc....

I got 2 soft maples in the yard, one is going bad it has to go or will hurt a building. Then if it is gone, that exposes another very old soft maple that is too much of a risk without it's pal to sheild it, so it needs to go as well. Have a couple smaller trees to take their place, but will be sorry to see them leave.

Haven't had any trouble with power/phone line crews, but I have heard horror stories of them getting into stuff they shouldn't. Last fall there was a story/picture here or on ytmag.com that showed a county that got some magic Fed money that had to be spent, so they cut down some great mature trees along a road, but left the 3 foot tall trunks as a horrid mess because that's as far as the money lasted. It just looked aweful, and seemed for no reason.....

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)