AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I just can't watch anymore
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 4/2/2011 11:09 (#1704248)
Subject: I just can't watch anymore

Blooming where I am planted!

So we got notices from the power company that the tree trimmers would be making their rounds to trim trees that are blocking electrical lines. I noticed a tree trimmer that took a 35' maple tree out of the FRONT of my neighbor's house 2 doors down.  This was not blocking any lines and I don't know why after so many years this tree had to come out.  Now I see the same guys in the backyard of that same house taking out this absolutely GORGEOUS evergreen tree that is 50' tall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't see that that is in the way of any lines either.  I just can't watch anymore, it is too painful.  Both were really mature, beautiful trees.

Similarly, there is a house in the neighborhood here that sold just a few months ago, and an elderly man had lived there and passed away.  The first thing the new owners did was cut down and pull out this exquisite and exquisitely trimmed and kept 15' weeping cherry tree.  I have admired that tree for years and years every time I pass by.  They stuck some other tree about 6' forward in its place. 

The people across the street from my friend here in the neighborhood also cut down and tore out a 35' tree.  That one really burned me too...there was definitely no reason for that one.  Now their front yard has no trees at all, and I'm sure their cooling bills are going to be sky high--it lent a lot of shade to the driveway and front house area.

I want to shake these people and ask them what they are DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hate to see trees be killed for no apparently decent reason.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)