AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AutoPilot, 332, Insight 8120 ILS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/11/2006 22:21 (#11515 - in reply to #11441)
Subject: Re: AutoPilot, 332, Insight 8120 ILS

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It would be quite easy for me to reroute the power cable to the Nav Controller/GPS. Trimble supplies a Tee for the three pole power plug found in most recent tractors. Since they supplied this and it was convienent we just used it. They should know what they're doing right?

Anyway I could easily intercept this wire and run it to the battery with an inline filter. I prefer to not use a key switched relay in this case as I may want to leave the GPS on all night to maintain convergence with XP.

Another thought I had is that I have a loose cable going to PORT B that can go to another GPS device if desired. This is the Trimble cable that has the round connector for the 332 and then goes to power and ground and the GPS information goes to a DB9. At the moment it is not being used at all. The power in comes from the PORT A cable and the GPS out goes to the Nav Controller and eventually to the Insight via that route. I'm thinking that there might be a chance that these unterminated connections might be acting as antennas of sorts. It would be a simple matter to simply unplug this cable from PORT B.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)