AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Holiday tipping?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingaling
Posted 12/5/2010 16:23 (#1469496 - in reply to #1469454)
Subject: RE: Holiday tipping?

Owings, Maryland 38.6856 N 76.6752 W
Here our mailcarriers for the most part are contract workers, they actually bid on these routes. Anyhow we have had the same mailman for quite a few years, have gotten to know him fairly well, a very nice gentleman and from Alaska as well, retired military who lives here with his sister. I believe he is on a pretty stretched budget, don't want to make any assuptions since I don't know the whole story.

Sidenote,,,,,, several months ago, I put up a new mailbox, couple of days later here comes the mailman in the drive (fairly long drive) He says,,, hey where is that old mailbox ??? I said it is up in the shed and then I added,,,,, I've been savin it for you !!!! Man was he a happy one......

Last year before the holidays I had a little time off, I thought that I would catch the mailman and give him some frozen goods. Finally caught up with him, fixed him up a bag with a pound of homemade scrapple, four pigs feet and a rack of ribs. Very happy again.

I have given cash before but I just don't get the same felling as something with some thought and effort....

Another tidbit about our mailcarrier,,,, UPS and FedEx drops alot of packages at the post office, well the mailman brings (fairly long drive) everyone of them in and places them on the backporch.

Also have been plowing and discing his garden one or two times a year as well. He does alot for us and I don't mind reciprocating,,,,,,, sheesh, sorry, a little long winded !!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)