AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kids today post below got me to thinking...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 12/4/2010 20:09 (#1468185 - in reply to #1468038)
Subject: Re: Kids today post below got me to thinking...

Lubbock, Texas
much of "todays knowledge" is only useful if society continues to exist like it does today or continues to move forward

who cares if you can program a computer in 12 languages, perform every major biological assay technique, and do a multiple organ transplant.......if society is struggling to feed even a portion of the population, living in a barter system, no longer performing most task on a computer or trying to build more super computers, and doctors no longer have fancy hospitals to operate in.......and you can't grow a lick of food, raise an animal, perform any type of labor for longer than an hour a day, produce water, or produce energy......and you are too big a coward to defend yourself

you would be the smartest hungry person in the room.....if you lived that long to be in the room

no one specifically trained kids to be doctors, engineers, astronauts, scientist, or anything else in the past in specialized high schools.......in fact all they did was train them in math, science, reading, writing, music, and a few other things.......but they gave them a sound foundation in the basics, allowed them time to be kids and wonder and explore.........and here we are todayy

I would hardly call anything done in the last 20 or 30 years even close to the accomplishments of going to space, the first vaccinations, and on and on

most of what is done today is to make life easy or to entertain or worst of all to fuel some vision based on junk speculation and Jetsons world type thinking........while ignoring the fact that high school drop out rates and high school "birf" rates are through the roof, and most of todays kids can barely hold the attention span to make change for a "dolla" much less pronounce dollar or actually make change without a cash register
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)