AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kids today post below got me to thinking...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KevinM
Posted 12/4/2010 15:38 (#1467798)
Subject: Kids today post below got me to thinking...

SE IL

..I know - that's dangerous. But specifically plowboys post:

"Kids today are kids.  Kids thirty years ago were kids.  Kids a hundred years ago were kids.  Kids thirty years from now will be kids. 

I predict that the kids growing up today will accomplish more in their lifetimes then the two generations before them did together.  And I am probably not aiming high enough.  

How many years did it take to go from 10 mph to 100?  How many from 100 to 1000?  How many years did it take to go from counting on fingers to adding machines?  Then from adding machines to supercomputers?   It's not a linear progression, by any stretch of the imagination."

My question is this-Did kids say 60, 75, 100 years ago know a higher percentage of the total knowlege that was known at the time? It seems that that would be the case as I don't think we are born with more brain power today as compared to then (even though I've heard it said that humans only use a fraction of our brain). And I feel like there is a ton more stuff that is known or understood today than when I was a kid (I'm 53). Granted the ability to access that information/knowlege is so much better today. Anyway just wondering what your thoughts are.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)