AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chesapeake watershed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 8/18/2010 19:46 (#1321345 - in reply to #1321052)
Subject: Land Bordering

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
The chesapeake watershed is unbelievably huge. Way up just below the fingerlakes of NY all the way down to central VA. Most of the border land on the Chesapeake bay is not farmland. Its residential or even metropolitan. Those idiots buy 750 lbs of fertilizer for their 1/4 acre lot. Not to mention all the water treatment plants that have to do something with all the detergent water from the population. That's where the issue lies, but there is no regulation on that. Somehow this escapes the powers that be. I can't see the midwest ever being as regulated as the Chesapeake, but when one area does something stupid, other areas seem to follow. The only good thing about the regulation is the cost share programs that they help fund to do projects you'd probably do anyway, like cover crops and environmental quality incentive programs. I think it's a poor use of money, but I will play their game. I'd gladly forfeit farm programs as long as they do away with welfare, unemployment, and other "way of life" entitlement programs that eats up our nations wealth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)