AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IA State Agronomy masters program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

HuskerAgronomist
Posted 3/15/2010 10:14 (#1121363 - in reply to #1116817)
Subject: RE: IA State Agronomy masters program

Iowa
Experience in the area of your profession is invaluable of course, but the way of the world anymore is that you must have a degree. Young people almost need to have atleast a BA to even be considered for most professional jobs anymore. Employers dont look at what you know out of school because just like anything else students dont know much, but they have proven they can learn by going to school. College teaches young people on how to learn and how to think outside the box not everything they will need to know for their future jobs because thats impossible for a school to teach. I am considering getting my masters because its something I want to do for myself not necessarily because I think it will make me more money. Plus down the road when I am applying for upper level positions like for example Agronomy Managers and Territory Agronomist where you will be in charge of people and being the go to guy a Masters degree will help set me apart from the crowd.

To be a "professor" you must have a PhD, if not your are simply a "teacher" just thought I would clear that up

I have years to go to pay back my student loans that I have acquired but its one bill I dont mind paying every month. It was the best experience of my life and I consider it invaluable. I met my future wife and the majority of friends that I will have for the rest of my life in College. If I could I would do it all over again! College is a big melting pot of people from different places and have different ways of thinking, it cultivates you to be the person you will be for the rest of your life. People who stay in the same town they grew up in for the rest of their lives will forever think the same way and with the same point of view because they have never had any other experience
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)