AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IA State Agronomy masters program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mizzou Tiger
Posted 3/11/2010 09:08 (#1115052 - in reply to #1114496)
Subject: HMMM

I think it would be good advise to really think about what your path looks like in agronomy. I can tell you that going full blown tradition route MS is worth more than you are giving it credit for. If you want to go the sales/commercial route in agronomy, then you probably don't need the thesis or the MS for that matter. If I read your post right, you will have an undergraduate in Ag Ed. While that is a great degree, its probably not going to hammer doors down in aggressive agronomy positions. Non-thesis masters; while it will get your foot in the door, will not carry as much weight. Many employers know the difference, and look beyond your masters to your experience and undergrad when they see this. The non-thesis route fits well with individuals who are working on the experience part of a career and want a boost in education.

A masters program with a thesis is more than that, its about the experience. I know that sounds scripted, but I can almost guarantee 9 out of 10 MS or PhD grads will tell you that in one way or another. Remember, this is one guys opinion, but I would encourage you to explore all your options if you are serious about continuing your education.

Edited by Mizzou Tiger 3/11/2010 09:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)