AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IA State Agronomy masters program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

gostate
Posted 3/11/2010 11:21 (#1115238 - in reply to #1114367)
Subject: RE: IA State Agronomy masters program

western iowa
I have a B.S. in agronomy from Iowa State, best thing that ever happened to me. I have often thought of taking the Masters Program you are considering. I think it would be great. My thoughts on your situation are (sorry if I seem a little blunt here) that your minor in agronomy may not have you ready for the material in the masters program. When I was getting my B.S. I had a bunch of Ag Biz buddies getting their minors in agron. They joked that they could take my job with their minors. The truth was they didn't know jack with their minors. They took a few 100 and 200 level courses, whereas the meat and potatoes of agronomy were in the 300 & 400 classes. I learned more my junior year than my first two combined. The minor taught them the simple basics, which is fine, but not the big stuff.

To wrap this up, they were giving crap one time and finally I said o.k. boys, pop quiz. What is allelepathy? Are corn and soybeans sink or source crops? What causes most of the yellow soybeans in NC Iowa? They really didn't know. So I said, "Thats the difference between us."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)