AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

IA State Agronomy masters program
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 3/12/2010 09:34 (#1116817 - in reply to #1115238)
Subject: RE: IA State Agronomy masters program

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
I am of the opposite camp. I am glad I didn't spend alot of money going to school. I see students with years and years of school debt working at walmart. Not everyone can make higher education work for them, it takes a special kind of person, not everyone who doesn't go to school can make big dollars either and theres alot of them working at walmart too.
I guees I look at myself with only limited college and I am working for one of the largest seed companies in the world and am probably making more in sales than any college professor with a masters. I got the job not because of my education but my sales history. I went to school for auto mechanics !!!!!!I am an avid reader and want to learn. Experience in the field to me is worth way more than any masters degree. From the school of hard knocks. I manage people, that can't be learned in school, it is an ongoing education. Working and learning is free schooling, no debt to pay back.
I don't know what it costs to earn a masters but if it takes 4 to 8 years of your income to earn it it seems it takes awhile to earn that back.

Edited by Mlebrun 3/12/2010 09:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)