AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local COOP bullying attempts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Myze
Posted 12/29/2009 21:35 (#992623)
Subject: Local COOP bullying attempts

Kansas
I recieved a call late last week from my local COOP or as they prefer to call themselves a " Marketing Alliance", concerning a forced signing a "Delayed Price Contract" on my stored soybeans. Now this is a more aggressive approach to an elective program they rolled out last year as a means to free up badly needed storage space. At that time it was called "elective" with the benefit that stored grain could be signed over to them to sell immediately, with the patron retaining the right to lock in a selling price in the future with no change from prior selling procedures. The sweetner to offset signing over all rights of your delivered grain to the "Alliance", was that grain storage fee's would be reduced by 50%. The obvious win for them was that needed storage space was freed up for other patron grain's at the regular storage price, while still collecting an additonal 50% storage on grain that no longer existed...

This year they are taking it up a notch by forcing the above program on any patron who delivered soybeans this fall. However this time if a "Delayed Price Contract" is not signed by year end, all soybeans in their possession will be sold at the current market price the day of the deadline. Now I know this countries every increasing numbers of lawyers & politicians continues to swindle away rights & money from the working class. But what gives this "Alliance" the right to force this contract on me? They claim that they sent out a letter prior to fall harvest informing patrons of this program, which I never recieved. Other than this alleged letter, nothing else was mentioned by the COOP manager or written on any of the grain reciepts this fall when the grain was delivered. Seem's to me they don't have a legal leg to stand on!

Is this something anybody else is experiencing & what are your thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)