AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shelled the corn plot today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 10/29/2009 06:42 (#904462 - in reply to #904202)
Subject: RE: Shelled the corn plot today

West Union, Illinois

When I made the comment about the most consistent soil on the place, here is a different view. Behind the house is a spot circled where the corn drowned out.  Not too far away is a sand ridge where it burned up.  If you look closely you will see what Dad called sand streaks running at an angle across parts of the field.

And then there is that nasty application error we didn't realize until too late to remedy.  Actually it is probably planter error.  I probably told the applicator to go to this point and then planted farther.

I also included planting dates.  We planted the 70 acres of corn around the house in 4 different hitches.  Actually I am guessing on the 6/8 corn date.  My notes said 6/28 and I know that is incorrect.  6/8 is closer to right.   The beans around that corn were planted at 3 different times.

Yes, it has been a challenging year and the fun isn't over yet.  They are predicting heavy rain and while it takes a BIG river to get it, all the ground I have in corn in this photo has been under Wabash River water before...

(corn plot 09 2_Vga.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments corn plot 09 2_Vga.jpg (56KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)