AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why won’t a potential employer return communications
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

proof
Posted 3/5/2024 00:16 (#10651902 - in reply to #10650192)
Subject: RE: Why won’t a potential employer return communications

That isn't the way things work. They may be waiting for several weeks for other applicants before the decide to proceed with interview options. In most cases, companies don't send rejection letters any more. I've had companies call me right after I applied and give me a phone interview, then not hear anything back for three months. Then get a call wanting to set up in in plant interview very soon, as they are in a hurry to hire someone. I've also had interviews where both the hiring manager and engineering manager tell me they would call me when they made their decision. Neither called. As one of my employers told his plant supervisors and engineers, "You are not here to feel good about yourself. You are here to provide value to the company. If you don't like it, find somewhere else to work." Rather than worry about a response from a company that doesn't respond, your son should keep working on find one that wants to hire him. There is a reason people choose to work for themselves even though it may pay less.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)