AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why won’t a potential employer return communications
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billw
Posted 3/4/2024 10:46 (#10650995 - in reply to #10650192)
Subject: RE: Why won’t a potential employer return communications

E. Kansas
A few other possibilities......the company indeed does have an open position, but they actually do not have the budgeting approved or available to hire and immediately place the person on the payroll. They may go all through the interviewing process and lead you on to believe they want to fill the position right then, and tell you that you have the background they're wanting, etc etc. They're actually just shopping around to see who they can find to call with a job offer when/if the budgeting is actually approved and available for payroll of the new employee.

Or, it could be all the persons you met with on the interview, or spoke with by phone, emailed, etc actually do not have the authorization to hire. All of those might make you think they have the final say, but in actuality, they don't. There can also be other company priorities that come up unexpectedly and the company may shift funds around to cover those priorities, which may mean mothballing the projects they indicated were high priority during the interview.

All kinds of stuff like that can happen. My advice is to cut right to the chase during your first conversation with the potential company (hopefully this is by phone or online, and not after you've spent time going to the interview), is to directly ask "do you (the company) have budgeting that is available right now plus the authorization to immediately hire a job candidate you want?" If there is any other answer except an immediate reply of "yes, we do", then I would just move on. I would not accept anything about things being in work to get things finalized to hire and just needing approval, etc. I would immediately dismiss their pursuit in filling the job if there is any stammering around in giving you the answer of "yes, we do".....unless you potentially want to waste your time waiting around on something that may not even materialize at the company. If they can't, or won't, discuss that with you right when you ask, then I say don't waste any more time with them and keep looking.

I wish your son the best in getting a job secured soon that he is seeking.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)