AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can someone work through true harvest costs with me?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 7/25/2009 15:51 (#787854 - in reply to #787709)
Subject: Re: Can someone work through true harvest costs with me?

Brazilton KS
I think you need to look at the two decisions separately....ie, combine vs hire and then bag vs storage vs sell off the field.

I haven't looked closely at your numbers, but based on my own analysis in the past, I think you are a little light on acres for a combine, unless you pare the prices down a ways. Put a 30k 9600 and a 10k 843 and a 5k cart in and it will work a bit differently. 12 gph is a little high. That would mean more then one tank per day, and we are never empty at the end of the day even when we run 16-18 hours. Grain cart tractor burns negligible fuel...we fuel it every second or third day or whenever there is something left in the truck after the combines are full. If you work on the machine yourself you won't spend 5k per year on it in hard money. At least we never have. It depends on how you charge for the labor/shop time. If you take it to the dealer......hang on!

I've never been able to make temporary storage that you have to throw away when you are done work. Bins pay pretty well 'here' just on the freedom to deliver where the market wants it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)