AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Old combines, Red or Green?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Bluepaint
Posted 7/18/2009 02:03 (#779460 - in reply to #778965)
Subject: RE: Old combines, Red or Green?

Manitoba canada
I would have to say IH......We had lots of conventionals here and back in the uk..JD,claas,NH,MF, and buying our first rotary "84" 1480 after a 7720 was heaven..We still have it now alongside the 1688 and with a few mods and a bit more juice it is hard on the tail of the 1688,The thrashing and sample is'nt as good on the 1480 but the reliability, maintenance and the fact that they havent changed much over the years and are so "Updateable" has me sold on them.
I ran a NH TR95 as a third "helper" a few years ago and i was very pleased by the performance and the sample/loss was perfect but was a higher houred machine and the maintenance was more than a IH..And i have a few 3208's that have never been any trouble..?
The 1480 is amazing though i've never had a machine cost me so little in repairs even now at 4000hrs it makes me wonder why i spent more on a 1688 and not another 1480/1680 as the performance is'nt a vast difference..
I think a late "high hp" 1480 with a chopper..2 ears(marlins),Adjustable seives, wide axle and some 24's or 26's on the rear is still a very useable machine
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)